Monday, February 18, 2019

My 100th post!


7 years. Around 70 trips. 3 Himalayan Treks. 99 posts.

Bungee Jumping. Scuba Diving. River Rafting. Trekking. Zip Lining. Forts. Waterfalls. Obscure palaces. Jungles. Caves. Beaches. Mountains. Cities. Towns. Museums. Lakes. Rivers. Hill stations. Quirky railway stations. And many more.

It has been an eventful travel and blogging journey so far. I started off my blogging journey in 2011 with my very first post which was about my visit to a remote fort near Karimnagar in Telangana. My main purpose in starting my blog was to maintain a diary for myself so that I could come back years later and relive my experiences all over. And it was my brother who actually gave me the idea to start a blog.  Over the years as I traveled more and blogged more it started to gain some attention. There were quite a few highlights over the years, a few of which I have listed here.

The timing of this 100th post couldn't have been better. Recently I  moved to Canada for Higher Studies. This post neatly divides the travels in India so far and my upcoming posts about travels in Canada and hopefully other countries (Insh).

Some of the highlights of my Blogging journey so far.


1. I was featured in ''The Ultimate List of the Top Travel Bloggers in India'' by Holidify (2015)
https://www.holidify.com/pages/top-travel-bloggers-india-1683.html

2. Three of my photos were featured in the newspaper ''Times of India'' Raipur Edition. (2016)


3. Lonely Planet Pathfinder
It was always my wish to be associated with Lonely Planet in someway.Finally, I became an official member of Lonely Planet's Pathfinder program for Bloggers. (2017)


4. Thomas Cook invited me to write an article for them. (2017)
https://blog.thomascook.in/5-reasons-why-druk-path-trek-in-bhutan-should-be-on-your-wish-list/?fbclid=IwAR3Ts9HcLt7ysHUn8ICcpk6C_GMzJnCsdiZzZNwOWpHfNoB4ziaJZ7LyAx0

5. My pic of a Heritage Building was featured in the newspaper ''Hans India'' (2018)


6. One of my blogs was featured in Blogadda's ''Trekking destinations you need to explore!'' (2015)
https://blog.blogadda.com/2015/07/29/trekking-and-hiking-places-in-india?fbclid=IwAR1sjcrX6n0RN8510FZteBoBZNgcUrAqK_3HXPboGcfCOZsdn8_nDFC7o78

7. I was featured in Touristlink's - ''11 Travel Blogs You Should Follow – Round 5 '' (2016)
https://www.touristlink.com/blog/11-travel-blogs-you-should-follow-round-5.html?fbclid=IwAR06Z3LxNjUb0Ds1SLbqX2WUc8da2nT2aU3PdMyMUjboQ8NqLuILe9o9Zdg

8. An interview with Bongyatra (2016)
https://bongyatra.com/interview-with-m-a-razzaq-siddiqui-from-razzwashere-blogspot-com

9.  I was featured in this list by Raynatours.com - ''Indian travel bloggers who inspire your wanderlust'' (2016)
http://blog.raynatours.com/indian-travel-bloggers/?fbclid=IwAR3XmvDXOvtfEhFwl2h8ib0Lz3g01A6N_8TRPZ8lL5LXljfewegNGWVHUdc

10. One of my pics clicked during a trip got featured in ESPNCricinfo. (2013)



Best Feedback.

I get a lot of comments on the posts that I make on different paltforms. Here I have compiled some of the best I have recieved.

1. I am happy the writer, definitely an enthusiast and not a time pass gentleman, has done a splendid job with refined touches of his own contribution, (like the info on Vagli). I am proud of you for your interest! May God bless you. (This was by famous Historian K R A Narsiah)

2. Very good report, I like the full details of bus times and journey lengths, etc. This information is very valuable to others.I looked at your "Razz was here" blog too, very interesting... It will give me some entertaining and fact filled reading.
I also liked one quote "You looked at the artifacts with interest, and the tourists with disgust..." Brilliant!


3. What a story! Loved reading it and the photos are a delight - like being there almost. We have lost so much of our precious history and culture chasing mirages. May be one day you can publish a book of such quaint places!

4. What a fantastic job this was, a great adventure and result. Its one of those lost treasures in rural India. Do record some detailed notes as to the location. It could be lost again otherwise. Thank you for an exceptional post..

5. Marvellous post, Razz. And I just discovered your blog* (what took me so long?).... brilliant writing. Keep inspiring us with your travel stories

6. I'm overjoyed with the photolgue as no other post has such a detailed trek diary on Druk Path Trek.

7. absolutely hitched up. Travelogues are itself intriguing. And this is a trekkelogue, just cannot wait for it. Pour it Razzaq. You have a great way with your narrative.

8. good report and photographsi like your choice of words:
murmuring brooks,fallen trees,chattering monkeys,moss covered culverts and butterfly filled clearings
there is a poet in you


9. Wow razzaqfccf, this is an amazing write up of your scuba diving experience! Like Nick mentioned, I felt your excitement reading along and informative as I have never done one before. This will be my activity during my next visit to Pondy. Cheers!

10. The locations you go to and your trip reports are always unique. Excellent as usual!

11. Great thread ! I love the way you write

12. It's a great spirit as well as great idea!!!!!! Cheers razzaqfccf

13. I have never before read a description of what it is like for a novice to dive. I've never done it, I can't even swim. I really got the feeling and excitement of your adventure underwater. Thank you! 

14. wow.....you surely have guts....lovely narration...

15. wow! you are inspired me from this article ... now i am motivated to take a trip to the Himalayas Mountains next year... thanks and yeah! your articles and Pics were awesome.. thanks

My Top 3 Favorite Posts

Though I enjoyed writing each and every post I have a special liking for the following 3 posts.

1. Roopkund Trek,Uttarakhand. Day 4.Summit Day http://razzwashere.blogspot.com/2015/07/roopkund-trekuttarakhand-day-4summit.html

2. Prologue.Trekking Trip to Bhutan
http://razzwashere.blogspot.com/2016/06/prologuetrekking-trip-to-bhutan.html

3. Ib,Orissa.The shortest Railway Station name in India.
http://razzwashere.blogspot.com/2015/04/iborissathe-shortest-railway-station.html


A short video of my travels over the years.




My Youtube channel  


Some other random pics












My 101st post will be from Canada. Its already been a couple of months here and I can't wait to share my experiences of this beautiful and welcoming country! 

Keep the feedback, suggestions, comments, shares and follows coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment