Saturday, January 16, 2016

In Review-2015

In Review-2015
2015 was a good year.The highpoint was the Roopkund Trek in the Himalayas.Literally and figuratively.Then there were visits to waterfalls,palaces,a beach,a forest range and museums.And there was a quirky trip to a railway station.Also tried two new cuisines.So overall 12 wonderful trips!

On the writing front too this year was amazing!
I got listed in Holidify's Ultimate list of Travel bloggers in India.
Wetravelsolo listed me in their top 30 solo travellers of India
Blogadda shared my Roopkund trek report day 4  in one of their trek lists.- Trekking destinations you need to explore.
Tripoto shared three of my travel trips in their website.-Orchha,Chandannagar,Roopkund Trek

So Here goes the year...

The year started off with a trip to Jamshedpur in Jharkhand.The highlight of the trip was the parsi cuisine I tried in the excellent Cafe Regal.
http://razzwashere.blogspot.in/2015/01/jamshedpurjharkhand.html

Then next month a trip with job colleagues took me to Koilighugar Falls in Orissa.A beautiful and small waterfalls nestled inside one of orissa's many forests.
While returning form Koilighugar Falls we stumbled upon an old palace which belonged to the king of the former princely estate.

The month of march took me to Orchha.This place took my breath away! Stunning palaces and hordes of foreigners.
http://razzwashere.blogspot.in/2015/02/orchhamadhya-pradesh.html

Then on an official visit to Kolkata, in between my office work, I took a quick interval to a Korean Restaurant and tried the chicken Dimbap.

In April I visited Ib in Orissa.It is the shortest railway station name in India.

The same month I visited Chandannagar in West Bengal.I went here because of its French legacy and to take at the museum here.


Then the came the best trip of the whole year.Roopkund was tough and highly thrilling.
The Roopkund Trek

Then in September I went to Digha in West Bengal.The favourite weekend retreat of kolkatans didn't impress me much.


In October I went to Chinsurah in West Bengal.The imambara here was wonderful.


A trip to Maredumilli in Andhra Pradesh ended the year.The 10km hike through the main road with thick jungle on both sides was the highlight.




I have a few plans lined up for 2016 lets see how things turn out.

1 comment:

  1. nice post keep up the good work and definately visit again this blogsite Best Place for honeymoon in India https://newsresolution.com/best-place-for-honeymoon-destination-india/

    ReplyDelete